Your Role:

Constellation Digital Partners has created the world’s first open digital services platform dedicated to the credit union industry. We’re looking for a capable and motivated individual to play a key role in the technical development of the Constellation platform. Our work environment is relaxed, hardworking and highly collaborative. Applicants must be comfortable in an upbeat, evolving environment.

The Web Application Developer primary role will be the development and enhancements of Constellations platform content delivery via a browser (Safari, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). The Web Application Developer will turn the ideas of the solutions team and their stake holders into high performing, scalable, and elegant code. The right candidate for this job will be ambitious and self-directed with a passion for Agile-based application development. Must have 5+ years of JavaScript experience, have prior software product development experience using web development technologies to address user interface, API, data, and analytics development requirements.

The contributions you can anticipate making:

  • Work with JavaScript an average of 75%+ of your day, and UI work the other 25%.
  • Develop “Polyfills” to ensure a consistent experience for Constellation developed content across the most popular browsers.
  • Build custom navigation elements.
  • Development of the Constellation platform across its full life cycle.
  • Developing functional and responsive single page web applications.
  • Contributing to the overall architecture of the platform and its applications.
  • Maintaining the quality, performance, and responsiveness of the platform.
  • Collaborating with product managers, internal and external development resources, and other stakeholders to design, develop, and launch new features.
  • Engaging in all aspects of release cycles, including requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.
  • Providing last-line application support to internal teams and external customers

To be successful in this role, you will need to have:

  • A demonstrated ability to work well with people across multiple technical disciplines.
  • A “can do” positive attitude coupled with a strong respect for others and a results-oriented work style.
  • Proven ability to collaborate with other team members to successfully create and deliver on a product roadmap and architectural framework.
  • Ability to take ownership of an existing codebase and become the subject-matter expert on it
  • Strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment.
  • Strong communication skills (oral, presentation, and written).
  • Ability to manage multiple priorities.
  • Strong organization and time management skills.
  • Required to adhere to organizational policies, procedures, standards, and controls as well as comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.

Interested? Here’s what we need to see on your resume:

  • BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
  • 5+ years in application software development, with increasing levels of technical responsibility.
  • At least 3 years of strong technical and architectural experience working with Single Page application development, responsive web design, and other modern front-end patterns and practices.
  • Deep experience and strong skills with Javascript and jQuery
  • Experience with HTML5, CSS, cross-browser compatibility, AJAX / restful APIs, LESS / SASS, and JSON.
  • Experience developing ADA-compliant web pages is a huge plus
  • Experience working with DevOps teams in establishing automated builds, tests and deployments.
  • Experience with modern software development tools and methodologies such as Agile.