Constellation Digital Partners has created the world’s first open digital services platform dedicated to the credit union industry. We’re looking for an articulate, motivated, quick learning, tech savvy, motivated, and highly organized individual with strong leadership skills to serve as our Director of Application and Platform Development. Our work environment is relaxed, hardworking and highly collaborative. Applicants must be comfortable in an upbeat, evolving environment.
The Director of Application and Platform Development will lead and manage development teams tasked with delivering new features and enhancements to Constellations platform and services. The incumbent will work with Customer and Product teams to understand the deliverables and plan for the necessary capacity to meet demands ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of deliverables. A day in the life of this role will include gathering understanding of upcoming development requests, validating adequate resources, removing blockers and managing the activities of a highly motivate team of developers, quality assurance, and a product owner. As the Director of Application and Platform Development for Constellation you will be key to the success of our product development.
The contributions you can anticipate making:
- You will be instrumental to the quality of the solutions delivered by our development teams.
- Drive execution of team development efforts.
- Guide the collaboration with the project team to identify solutions to development request.
- Oversee day to day development staff tasks and own resource capacity planning.
- Report on development progress to plan and intervene when necessary to ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Contribute to the vision of the Constellation solutions.
- Supplement Chief Product Officer duties as required.
- Enhance, design, and implement application development processes and key performance indicators.
- Proactively identify and leverage cloud native services and features to deliver services.
- Participate in the organization of UAT and deployment processes.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Highly technical understanding of the key concepts of application development, front end and back end.
- Ability to manage large teams of across multiple domains.
- Ability to coach a team up, while helping them to make their mark on the company.
- Ability to identify and seize opportunities to improve the team functions and members.
- Comfortable with vendor management.
- Customer service experience, demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills (oral, presentation, and written), able to document ideas and gain buy in.
- Strong belief in corporate values.
- Required to adhere to organizational policies, procedures, standards, and controls as well as comply with all federal and state laws and regulations.
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines, excellent organizational skills and a proactive personality are required for success
- Able to compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision making for resource allocation and subsequent campaigns
- Solid business acumen, management and problem solving skills
- Effective time management, organization and leadership skills
- Intake and deliver requests at a task and project level, on time and as expected
- Attract and retain staff utilizing leadership and mentorship experiences and skills
- Measure resource needs and efficiently apply resources to development efforts
- Create architectures and plans to fully leverage cloud native services and features
Interested? Here’s what we need to see on your resume:
- 5 + years' experience managing software application development.
- 3 + years experience managing or performing QA automation.
- 2 + years managing/developing in an AWS environment.
- Financial services/technology companies experience a big plus.
- o Android Development and deployment a plus
- o Ios Development and deployment a plus
- Customer Service Experience
- A degree in IT or Computer Science a plus