Constellation Digital Partners has created the world’s first open digital services platform dedicated to the credit union industry. We’re looking for a capable and motivated individual to play a key role in the integration of the Constellation platform with external systems as well as the conversion of investor credit unions to the platform. Our work environment is relaxed, hardworking and highly collaborative. Applicants must be comfortable in an upbeat, evolving environment.
The Data Engineer will work to define and develop data transformation processes to migrate credit union member data from existing digital providers to the Constellation platform and services available on the platform. The right candidate for this role will be ambitious and self-directed with a passion for identifying and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. Successful candidates will have prior data engineering experience across multiple database and platform technologies as well as a thorough understanding of how to use related services and tools, preferably including cloud based data storage and transfer.
The contributions you can anticipate making:
- Leveraging expert-level domain experience in technologies and tools to integrate the Constellation platform with external data sources, especially credit union core processing systems.
- Developing and executing data transformation processes to migrate credit union member data from existing mobile and online providers to the Constellation platform.
- Contributing to the overall architecture of the platform, platform integration capabilities, and data.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to design, develop, and launch data-oriented capabilities and services.
- Engaging in aspects of release cycles, such as requirements review, work estimation, design, implementation, testing, and review.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Proficiency with data manipulation languages, understanding of data modeling principles, and an
ability to work with complex data models.
- An ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize, and resolve issues in a timely manner in an evolving environment.
- An innate desire to find the root cause of technical issues, while balancing business needs to identify, support, and solve customer needs.
- A demonstrated ability to work well with people across multiple technical disciplines.
- A “can do” positive attitude coupled with a strong respect for others and a results-oriented work style
- Comfort working effectively with internal and external technology resources as well as credit union staff.
- Availability to work weekends and the occasional late night or early morning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate as part of a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills (oral, presentation, and written).
- Adherence to organizational policies, procedures, standards, and controls as well as compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations.
Interested? Here’s what we need to see on your resume:
- Three to five years of related data engineering/data management experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in enterprise ETL processes.
- A track record of success using various database and data manipulation tools.
- Experience with object oriented, relational, and NoSQL databases.
- Success defining and integrating with multiple forms of APIs to integrate platforms and systems.
- Experience or certification in cloud-based architecture and services (AWS, Azure, etc.) is beneficial.
- Exposure to Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of financial services data constructs,related practices and terminology.